What's the deal with bone broth? Is this just a trend?
- While bone broth is certainly having a moment right now in the health and wellness field, broth has been a staple across the diet of nearly every culture for thousands of years, so no.... it's not just a trend! It's an ancient practice that we believe should be honored and treated with deep respect. We want our broth to make you feel nourished like your great great grandmother’s warm chicken noodle soup on a cold winter day.
- Bone broth is a nutrient-rich, savory liquid made from simmering bones, tendons, and ligaments in water for a long time (12+ hours). The slow cooking process helps extract minerals, collagen, and amino acids from the bones and marrow, ultimately creating a broth that can be supportive of gut and digestive health, immune health, musculoskeletal health, nervous system health, and more! Many folks struggling with gastrointestinal issues, nausea, autoimmunity, cold/flu symptoms, and bone/joint pain choose to consume bone broth regularly as a natural and delicious remedy. We also use vegetables and medicinal herbs in our recipes to boost the therapeutic value. Want to know more specific nutrient details? Please ask us! We want to put our Master's in Nutrition degree to good use.
How do I place an order?
- You can place your order via our website for pickup or delivery. Also, check our events page to see where you can find us out in the community!
When and where do deliveries occur?
- We deliver broth every Tuesday between 12pm-4pm for a $2 fee. We ask that you place a cooler bag outside your door so the broth can stay fresh. Please be on the lookout for our emails to see any other instructions. Here is a map of our delivery limits within the Portland area.
Why is your broth more expensive than the broth on my grocery store shelves?
- Glad you asked! We use the highest quality ingredients possible to create our broth. We work with local farmers in Oregon who believe and embody practices that enrich their soils and ecosystem. Because we want to uphold a level of integrity with our quality and practices, it means we have to fork over a little more of that green stuff. We believe making this investment will prove to be a long term solution to ensuring we make this planet habitable for generations to come.
How long does the broth last for? Can I freeze it?
- We recommend consuming your broth within one week if stored in the refrigerator. You can freeze it to make it last longer but know that liquids expand when frozen and can, therefore, break glass jars. If you choose to do this, we recommend that you store your broth in a freezer-safe container such as silicone bags.
Why won't you ship your broth to me across the country?
- Because we want you to visit us in Portland! :P We joke, however, currently shipping nationally is not our focus as we are focused on serving our local community. If you do make a trip out west to us, let us know! We'll have to celebrate.
Returns & Refunds
- Unfortunately, we cannot take returns if the product is opened. However, if you have a concern with quality, feel free to shoot us an email and we will be happy to discuss your situation with you!
Any other questions we didn't address? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org