White Chicken Chili Soup
White Chicken Chili Soup (With a Vegan Alternative Option)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1-pound ground chicken or turkey OR Quorn meatless grounds (vegetarian option)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 ½ cups of our Chicken & herb bone broth OR Seaweed & Shroom broth (vegan option)
- 1 can (15 ½ ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed (Add more if you want extra beans)
- 2 cans (4 ½ ounces) chopped green chilis (use less if you want a milder chili)
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional) OR Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream (vegan option)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Grated low-fat Monterey Jack cheese, for garnish OR Earth Grown vegan mozzarella style shreds (vegan options)
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Avocado, for garnish
1. In a large nonstick or stick-resistant skillet over medium, heat the oil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the onion and red pepper, then cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion is softened. Add your meat and cook, breaking up any large pieces, until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, chili powder, flour, cumin and oregano, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the white wine, if using, and B2B’s broth choice to the pot, while whisking. Bring the mixture to a boil, then set to simmer for 10 minutes (uncovered).
3. Meanwhile, use a fork (or puree in a blender) the ½ cup of the beans. Add both the whole and mashed beans and chilis to the pot and continue simmering for 10 minutes. Stir in the sour cream, if using, and cook until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
4. When ready to eat, ladle the chili into bowls and add your favorite garnish. I.e., Scallions, cilantro, cheese, avocado, and lime wedges.
Recipe inspired by: