Warming Bone Broth Soup with Sausage and Kale
For the sausage
-1 pound ground meat of choice (chicken, beef, pork)
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro
-1/2 inch piece ginger, grated
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-1 tablespoon coconut aminos
-1 teaspoon fish sauce
-1 tablespoon Sambal Olek (red chili paste)
For the soup
-1/2 jar back to broth bone broth
-1 cup cabbage, sliced
-1 cup kale, chopped
-1/2 bok choy
-1-2 green onions
-1 egg, fried over easy
-1-2 tablespoons kim chi, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Combine the sausage ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Press flat onto a non-stick or lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and starts to brown
3. While the sausage is cooking steam the cabbage in a steam basket or rice cooker until it is fork tender. Set aside.
4. Prepare the bok choy and green onions by brushing with oil and heating on a grill pan or outdoor grill until grill marks appear and they tenderize. Alternatively, you could brown them in a sauté pan.
5. Heat broth in a pot until it starts to simmer. Add the chopped kale and cook until it softens. Pour into a bowl and add the steamed cabbage, some of the sausage and top with a fried egg, grilled bok choy, kim chi, and grilled green onion. Store remaining sausage in the fridge for up to 4 days.